The University of Nottingham is a truly global university, ranked consistently among the world’s very best institutions. Described by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 as “the nearest Britain has to a truly global university,” The University of Nottingham has award winning campuses in the UK, Malaysia and China, and is placed in the top 100 in the QS World University Rankings, ranking it in the top one per cent of universities in the world. As the Guide continues to state, we proudly promise “an outstanding student experience and a ‘distinct’ approach to internationalisation”.
Our vision of an international education has taken us beyond most other universities, through the establishment of campuses in Malaysia and China, which between them have more than 11,000 students. Together with the UK student community of more than 33,000, a third of whom are international, this constitutes a unique learning environment. We have more than 8,000 members of staff worldwide and are acknowledged as a leader in the internationalisation of higher education.
We are simultaneously recognised around the world for the quality of our education and research. Our status in the top one per cent of universities in the most widely-circulated world ranking tables is an indication of our ambition, calibre and future potential, and every year we attract more students while maintaining high entry standards. We are fortunate in having extraordinary campuses which are a great bene t in student recruitment, and our campuses in Asia give us a unique asset in an increasingly globalised world.
Key facts and figures include:
- TEF Gold for outstanding teaching;
- Customer Satisfaction - In the National Student Survey 2015, we received our highest ever result with an overall student satisfaction score of 88%;
- Size and scale - 44,000 students;
- International presence - 11,000 students study at our full scale award winning campuses in China and Malaysia, making Nottingham the largest recruiter of overseas students to a British university campus
- Employment Prospects - University of the Year for Graduate Employment – 2017 – The Times
- Exemplar institution - Ranked in the World’s Top 100 Universities by the QS World University Rankings 2018
- Excellence in Research - Ranked 8th in the UK for Research Power – Research Excellence Framework-2014, 97% of our research is recognised internationally, with 80% of all our research being defined as world leading or internationally excellent;
- Green Credentials - Voted the World’s greenest campus for fourth year running – GreenMetric World University Ranking;
- UK ranking - Top 20 UK University – The Times Good University Guide;
- International Relations - Winner of the ‘Services to Education’ category at the Hurun Awards (outstanding contribution to UK-China relations);
- Promoting Diversity - Athena Swan – Silver Award – Advancing careers of women in STEM industries
- Research – Awards for the university reached record levels in 2014–15, totalling £186m;
- Almost £70 million invested in new student facilities for 2016, including the state-of-the-art David Ross Sports Village, a new Engineering and Science Library, and The Barn, the new amenities building on Sutton Bonington Campus;
- Over 360 undergraduate courses covering arts, business, engineering, law, medicine, science and social science;
- More than 320 taught Masters courses.